I am prone to hyperbole. Everybody in the world knows it. If my lips are moving I'm exaggerating.
So it might be a surprise that Friday night's Round Rock Express game actually was the longest game in history ... well, the history of the Express ... since they started keeping track ... last year.
Nonetheless, the longest game ever. 4 hours and 27 minutes. The game didn't end until 11:40 p.m., which was 1 hour and 25 minutes past my deadline for the early edition.
At one point, I was pretty sure the early edition would hit the streets before the game ended.
But it ultimately ended, with the Omaha Royals beating Round Rock 3-2 in 13 innings. My story will appear in the late edition of the paper, which, is the only one I'll wake up in time to read, anyhow.
Tomorrow I'll be covering a boxing match on campus at the University of Texas, which I preview here.
Also tomorrow is a farewell party to my friend Carlyle, who is moving to San Francisco. He rented a "party barge" for the day on Lake Travis, so it should be a blast. I'll be hanging with he and Emily, Anna and Katie (with whom I had an awesome time listening to live music the other night; ShadyGrove4Life!!!), who are all on my softball team.
Softball season starts next week! We're the Ball Bustas. I've been told the team name applies solely to softballs. I choose to believe that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment