I've said something that was likely very hurtful to someone who is important to me. My parents always say I let my mouth overload my brain, and this time I think I let my brain overload my mouth (or fingers).
I should have known predicting the top finishers in the U.S. Open would be about as easy as winning the Kentucky Derby on the back of an elephant.
Thus, I'm sorry Rickie Fowler. Fowler, the amateur golfer who I wrote off in yesterday's blog, sits in a tie for seventh place at 1-under par. Jim Furyk, my top pick in the Open, is in a tie for 49th at 3-over and last year's champion, Argentine Angel Cabrera, is 8-over. Once you're that far off the lead the place really doesn't matter.
So Rickie Fowler, he's my boy. If perhaps he read this blog before hitting the links at Torrey Pines today and used my lack of confidence at motivation, I still don't think he can maintain this pace and help me in the long run (wink, go get 'em big guy).
He also goes to OSU!!! Unfortunately, that's Oklahoma State University, not the real OSU -- Oregon State.
Oh, and me?

Well, the good news is my car isn't totaled (picture at right shows the extent of the damage). I'm getting it fixed and should have it back, good as new (as new as '94 Accord can be) by the middle of next week. The bad news is another one of our totally awesome interns had an accident today. No good! But the bright-ish side is that I'm no longer "the intern with the injured car" I'm "one of two interns with an injured car."
Baby steps. Baby steps.
And while I don't have any Statesman stories to share, I would direct you to my friend (and former Oregon Free Spirit) Mary Pilon's wicked-awesome Web site, WeShareaToilet.com. Ever had a bad roommate? I'll bet there's somebody who's lamented a situation on that site that trumps your own.
Those of you familiar with my own past roommate woes might recognize my contribution to the collection.

1 comment:
See, that's funny. OSU to me ranks this way:
Ohio State University
Oklahoma State University
Oregon State University
Granted, being in the South, the second one is only second due to sheer proximity. If I went for preference, I don't even know where I'd start. I hate Ohio State and pretty much everything in Oklahoma. Oregon, I have no opinion, though I did find it very beautiful when I was there.
Post a Comment