Monday, June 16, 2008

A guy who went No. 2 in the NBA draft and a guy who, well, won't

In my post earlier today I alluded to the fact that work has been a bit slow the last few days. It has, but today I was asked to go shoot video for a press conference. A.J. Abrams, a guard for the Longhorns, announced that he will return to UT for his senior year.

Yes, that is the video I took. At the end of the video I get a production credit, but really, it was Blair who did all the work, editing and such.

I just pointed a little camera no bigger than my wallet. I always imagined big media outlets like the Statesman having TV news cameras for their Web stuff, but I guess that's not the case.

Also at the press conference was reigning NBA Rookie of the Year (and former Longhorn) Kevin Durant, the guy my Blazers passed on last summer in favor of Greg "The Knee" Oden.

I got footage of he and coach Rick Barnes all while keeping one eye tuned to the flat-screen TV on the wall as Tiger Woods went from insurmountable lead, to inconceivable collapse, to incredibly-lucky U.S. Open win.

Great, great stuff.

2 comments:

Blair said...

Yeah, the sheer irony comparing Oden and Durant was just fun. One side, you have a player who looks like he's 52 years old. On the other hand, you see a kid who looks like he can barely drive, much less see R-rated movies. On one hand you have an overrated center who has injury problems and didn't even play an entire season in college due to those recurring problems. Then you have another super kid who seemingly can sink every shot on the court.

Good job, Blazers. Thanks for keeping the Knicks company in draft history.

Danny said...

you got your Tiger Woods story from a Canadian news outlet?