That's the best way I can describe my night covering the Round Rock Express game. It was an incredible back-and-forth contest and I was pushing my 10:15 p.m. deadline.
The game was deadlocked going into the 10th inning, in which New Orleans took a one-run lead. I was sure it was over, so I had a story ready to file saying Round Rock had lost when in the bottom of the frame, with two outs the Express hit back-to-back homers to win it.
I was very glad Ray Sadler hit the second home run, because it ended the game and I was able to submit a story. If it had gone much longer there might not have been a story in tomorrow's Statesman. In the early edition will be a story without quotes, one with quotes will be in the final edition.
Honestly, the best game I have ever seen live. Anyhow, here's the story I wrote up about it.
It was cool that Round Rock was playing New Orleans, because the Zephyrs are the Triple-A affiliate of my beloved Mets. A couple of the guys on the team I was familiar with from their stints with the big club. That was cool.
Tomorrow will be my first and only total day off, and I'm looking forward to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment