After two days you can finally see the fruits of my thus-far limited labor at the Statesman ... Thursday's edition will have two Bill Oram bylines, though the second one I'm surprised I got a byline. All I did was get quotes for the notebook. I am fast becoming the world's foremost expert on the Bowie High softball team.
First, apparently it's not just in small towns that kids play together from young ages through high school. Click here for more and here for info about that team's weekend matchup.
After leaving work today I went to the Wal-Mart SuperCenter -- which I think is roughly the size of Rhode Island -- to buy some groceries. Dinner was pasta and seafood ... But hold up, the seafood was smoked oysters from a tin and the pasta was generic-brand ravioli.
The other interns gave me a hard time for the oysters and were a bit repulsed that I was eating them straight from the tin. However, as we were sitting down watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Xavier, the photo intern, came in and opened his own tin. You have no idea who thrilled I was to have a fellow oyster hoister.
PS Xavier (pronounced Javier) takes cool photos. He has his own blog with some great shots here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well done, sir.
I salute you. High school sports should always be done with care. (unlike some coastal newspapers I could name)
Post a Comment