Just a day away from Austin now. We left Flagstaff in our dust before 7 a.m. and headed south, then east, then south, then ... whatever. We passed through Phoenix, Tucson, Las Cruces and El Paso. We passed Tombstone and the site of the world's first rodeo and were stopped at a border patrol checkpoint.
In summation, after more than 800 miles (700+ of them driven by yours truly) I am writing this from the lobby of the Super 8 in Fort Stockton Texas.
Sidenote: Seriously, what hotel doesn't have wifi in the rooms in this day and age. Technazoic -- remember?
Anyhow, not a lot of action on this day until we got about 30 miles from Ft. Stockton when we were faced with the most impressive lightning storm I think I've ever seen. It was pretty tame, though active, to start. But by the time we pulled into town single bolts were spanning the sky, with multiple downstrikes.
Welcome to Tejas, I suppose.
Well, this crazy journey will be over sometime around lunchtime tomorrow, just 330ish miles to go. You'll hear all about it then.
Adios from the Central time zone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bill-
"Texas" is pronounced "Te-has." You don't need to write it as "Tejas." C'mon, show some cross-cultural sensitivity.
I miss you.
Sean
Technazoic = awesome....
Post a Comment