The people who know me well know that my all-time favorite TV show isn't SportsCenter or Hogan Knows Best. Rather, I am a huge fan of the 80s primetime soap "Dallas."
The show was brimming with betrayal, oozing with oil, and rotten with romance. It also had a really catchy theme song and some incredible acting.
And I'm a huge fan. I still remember exactly who shot J.R. and remember the two different actors who played Digger Barnes before he died.
Needless to say, moving to Texas and Austin -- where Bobby Ewing served in the state senate in season 4 -- was very exciting for me. However, I didn't think I would ever get particularly close to anything from the show. Southfork Ranch, home of the Ewings, is in Plano, 315 miles from Austin.
But no! Good news. As if they knew I was coming, the folks over at the Texas State History Museum have opened an exhibit on the 80s cult classic, running through September. More information on that here.
I will be going in the coming weeks.
On to information from work ... Last night I covered another state baseball playoff series and tonight will go back to Dell Diamond for the third night in a row. This time it will be to cover a Round Rock Express game, which should be fun.
Will update once I have done that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment