Sorry for breaking my schedule. But basically my review of Mamma Mia -- not the Dark Knight as I assumed everyone would guess -- would have gone like this:
Wildly entertaining, songs did nothing to advance story, Meryl Streep can sing, Pierce Brosnan can't.
You were deprived of the above in 2,000 words because my MOTHER IS IN TOWN. Yes, the woman who brought me into this world is visiting Austin. We've spent the last few days eating out, hitting some of the tourist spots, eating out, visiting my place of employment, eating out, playing Danny's Wii, eating out, going to the museum, eating out ... You get the idea.
Tomorrow we're going to San Antonio, which should be fun. I figure it's hard to remember the Alamo, if I haven't ever been there in the first place. That changes tomorrow.
Anyhow, due to my lack of posting, you've missed some of my recent work. I've covered the Round Rock Express two nights, the first was a loss. So was the second.
Also had a story on a high school football star missing his senior season. I called the coach for his reaction and part of our conversation went like this.
Reporter Bill: So coach, when did you first learn that Cody would be out for the season?
Crestfallen Coach: Why, just today.
RB: Oh, OK so ... Wait. Huh? You mean ... uhm ... No. From me?
CC: Yessir.
RB: Oh.
CC: [silence]
RB: Well, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
At that point in the conversation, my editor, sitting directly across from me pumps his arms into the air out of jubilation, as if celebrating a victory.
American-Statesman: 1; High school coaches who have just lost their starting quarterbacks: 0.
Of course, the Boss's reaction certainly didn't help my interview, and I started cracking up on the phone, surely not helping the poor coach's day.
Oh well, the whole situation sure made me enjoy mine a lot more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think that's absolutely awesome that they found out from you. HI-larious.
Can I be the first?
Blog, Bill, blog!
Post a Comment