Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Missoula is en fuego

Got word tonight that Mt. Sentinel in Missoula, which abuts the University, was ablaze. Why does this stuff never happen when the Kaimin is publishing? Anyhow, the Missoulian is all over it with their coverage, so if you're curious, check that out. FYI, Sentinel is the one with the "M."

Also, my two trips to San Antonio turned into this story about former Longhorns star Tiffany Jackson. I think it has some high points. Hopefully more than it does low points.

Finally, I went to my third movie in less than a week tonight. After weeks of deliberation, I decided to take in Sex and the City.

I'm indifferent on the whole thing.

I don't really get caught up in the whole, "No men can see this movie because it's just about man-hating and 'Go women' and blah blah blah" thing. Nor do I think it's a total chick flick. It's definitely a chick flick, but there are definitely some parts men might find amusing.

It was great, though, because I went with Natalie, my roommate's girlfriend, who just watched all six seasons of the show in a month, and was outraged with the course of the movie. She had to turn away at the end.

***Spoiler Alert***

Like we didn't all know she was going to go back to Big.

The movie was loaded with one liners that garnered guttural guffaws from me, but overall I just felt like I'd spent 2 hours and 15 minutes (2 hours and 15 minutes!) watching a reunion special on TV ... Well, with more T&A.

In short, it falls well short of my all time favorite movie.

5 comments:

Blair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blair said...

Everytime I get overly confident in my HTML coding ability...

Ok, any movie with a movie poster like this does not intend men to go. Pink and sparkly. Plus, you already know the intense reason with why I hate Sex and the City.

Whitney Bermes said...

Props for seeing that movie!

Major props!

Blair said...

I tagged you in my blog! Check it out.

Blair said...

Dude, blog!