It's really bittersweet to be leaving. I know I talked about this a lot in my last post, so I won't repeat myself and drag this thing down with too much sap and sad, but this will be a hard place to leave. At points this summer, it was very easy to forget I was the intern and that the job would unceremoniously end.
Let the unceremonies begin.
Today I'm in the office, doing nothing, just hanging out, saying good byes. Later I have to finish cleaning the apartment and packing up my stuff. Then my dad, who got into town last night, and I will go to a boot store and either to Hoover's or Hooters for dinner. Haven't yet decided which.
Then it's on the road again and back to reality and Montana. Weird. Double weird.
Anyhow, I've been asked to keep the blog going by Emily Stark, Ball Busta slugga, so I'll do my best to oblige with periodic updates. She also said I can keep the name as Assignment: Austin, because I have a new assignment, says she: To find a way to move back to Austin.
I think I'd be pretty willing to do that. Love this town.

No comments:
Post a Comment